BERNINA Presser feet
Ruffler # 86
*Please see the bottom of this listing for Machine compatibility.
Ruffler # 86 is a specialist in the simple gathering and pleating of fabrics. Thanks to its variable setting options, both pleat depth and frequency of gather can be varied.
This means that Ruffler # 86 can set a pleat with every stitch, every 6th stitch, or every 12th stitch, as you choose. There’s also the option of sewing without pleating, without replacing the presser foot (ruffler setting = 0). Gathering is performed by the special gathering blade, which causes the up-and-down motion of the needle to catch a bit of fabric each time and slip it under the needle.
The result: neat, even gathering and pleats on home furnishings or garments. The depth of the pleat can be infinitely varied by turning the adjusting screw.
Discover Ruffler # 86’s ease of handling now, and enjoy creating successful sewing projects!
* This Presser foot fits the following models only
- B – Bernina Activa & 3 Series – 125, 125S, 135, 135S, 145, 145S, 210, 215, 220, 230, 230PE, 240, 330, 350PE, 380
- C – Bernina Virtuosa – 150, 153, 153QE, 155, 160, 163 Bernina | Bernina Activa – 130, 140
- D – Bernina Aroura – 430, 440QE | D1 – B 530, B 550QE
- E – Bernina Artista – 165, 170 | E1 – 180, 185
- F – Bernina Artista – 630 | F1 – 640, B560, B580
- G – Bernina Artista – 200, 730 | G1 – B780, B790
Not all models and accessories are available in all countries. We reserve the right to make changes in both features and design.